ZUG, Switzerland, May 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Bitcoin Association, the Switzerland-based international business organisation that works to advance enterprise with the Bitcoin SV blockchain and BSV digital forex, has right this moment launched its second annual report, highlighting its work and achievements all through 2020.
The report, which is out there for obtain now on the Bitcoin Association website, is the primary to be launched since Bitcoin Association transitioned to a non-profit affiliation (Verein) in Switzerland. It is damaged into 13 sections and covers the multi-faceted international programme of work undertaken by Bitcoin Association in 2020, together with:
– Bitcoin SV community progress
– Developer initiatives
– Technical requirements
– Public coverage
– Media & content material
– Outlook for 2021
Highlights from the report embrace:
- The vital technical progress made by the Bitcoin SV community – together with new world report block sizes and demonstrated transaction capability.
- Bitcoin Association’s revolutionary digital occasions programme in response to the COVID-19 pandemic – together with the inaugural Bitcoin SV DevCon and the 3rd Bitcoin SV Hackathon.
- The launch of the Bitcoin SV Technical Standards Committee to enhance interoperability and introduce standardisation throughout the Bitcoin SV ecosystem.
- The launch of Bitcoin SV Academy – a devoted on-line studying platform providing university-style, academia-quality instructional assets about Bitcoin – along with the launch of the world’s first Bitcoin-focused massive open online course (MOOC) in partnership with Saxion University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands.
- Significant progress within the public coverage enviornment, together with advisory work throughout the drafting section of the landmark Digital Assets Business Bill 2020 in Antigua & Barbuda, which launched a complete legislative and regulatory framework to control companies inside its jurisdiction working within the digital asset house.
Speaking on right this moment’s launch, Bitcoin Association Founding President Jimmy Nguyen, mentioned:
“The launch of our 2020 annual report right this moment illustrates the nice strides that Bitcoin Association and Bitcoin SV was capable of take towards the backdrop of a particularly difficult yr for everybody. In explicit, the work that the Association has undertaken and the progress made within the schooling, developer, public coverage and media areas is vastly encouraging, as is the general maturation of companies throughout the Bitcoin SV ecosystem. As seen all through the report, 2020 was a vastly vital yr for each Bitcoin Association and Bitcoin SV – one largely targeted on laying vital foundations wanted for additional progress and the following section of BSV utility development in 2021.”
About Bitcoin Association
Bitcoin Association is the Switzerland-based international business organisation that works to advance enterprise on the Bitcoin SV blockchain. It brings collectively important elements of the Bitcoin SV ecosystem – enterprises, start-up ventures, builders, retailers, exchanges, service suppliers, blockchain transaction processors (miners), and others – working alongside them, in addition to in a consultant capability, to drive additional use of the Bitcoin SV blockchain and uptake of the BSV digital forex.
The Association works to construct a regulation-friendly ecosystem that fosters lawful conduct whereas facilitating innovation utilizing all elements of Bitcoin expertise. More than a digital forex and blockchain, Bitcoin can be a community protocol; similar to Internet protocol, it’s the foundational rule set for a complete information community. The Association helps use of the unique Bitcoin protocol to function the world’s single blockchain on Bitcoin SV.
SOURCE Bitcoin Association