Mumbai Local practice providers b/w Kurla & CSMT halted as water is flowing over tracks b/w Kurla & Sion stations. Traffic stopped at 9.50 am, determination taken as a precautionary measure to keep away from any untoward incident. Traffic will resume as quickly as water recedes: Central railway CPRO
!1 New UpdateClick right here for contemporary updates
Railway tracks submerged Mumbai
Maharashtra: Railway tracks submerged between Sion railway station & GTB Nagar railway station as a result of heavy rainfal… https://t.co/IMs1UwqcaR
— ANI (@ANI) 1623214517000
Rupee opens on flat observe, slips 1 paisa to 72.90 in opposition to US greenback in early commerce
Mumbai Local practice providers b/w Kurla & CSMT halted as water is flowing over tracks b/w Kurla & Sion stations
Traffic stopped at 9.50 am, determination taken as a precautionary measure to keep away from any untoward incident. Traffic will resume as quickly as water recedes: Central railway CPRO
Rakesh Tikait to fulfill with West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee right now
I’ll meet her round 3 pm right now. We will discuss agriculture, well being, schooling and the native farmers: Rakesh Tikait, Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) forward of his assembly with West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee right now in Kolkata
Leading crypto exchanges scout entry into India regardless of potential ban
- Global digital foreign money exchanges are exploring methods to arrange in India, following in the footsteps of market chief Binance, business sources informed Reuters, whereas the federal government in New Delhi dithers over introducing a regulation that might ban cryptocurrencies.
- Opponents of the potential ban say it might stifle the financial energy of a tech-savvy, younger nation of 1.35 billion individuals. There isn’t any official knowledge, however business analysts reckon there are 15 million crypto buyers in India holding over 100 billion rupees ($1.37 billion).
Delhi: Parliament Public Accounts Committee (PAC) to fulfill on sixteenth June
This would be the first Standing Committee assembly with bodily presence amid the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic. Vaccination coverage evaluation more likely to be taken up in the assembly for topic to examination.
The value of mustard oil has elevated as the govt. has stopped adulteration in the oil to make sure purity, this determination will profit farmers. The authorities is keeping track of the costs of edible oils
– Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar
Sensex advances 61.09 pts to 52,336.66 in opening session; Nifty inches 16.85 pts larger to fifteen,756.95
If the farmers’ organizations are prepared to debate choices apart from the repeal of latest agriculture payments, then the federal government is able to speak with them
– Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar in MP’s Gwalior
Early arrival of monsoon in Mumbai
Monsoon has arrived in Mumbai right now, regular arrival date is tenth June yearly so it has arrived previous to the common arrival date: Dr Jayanta Sarkar, Deputy Director General (DDG), IMD Mumbai
But when you ask my opinion, I will be increasingly more sure that Cuba may have been his (Mehul Choksi) closing vacation spot & by some means he needed to cease by in Dominica perhaps
– Barbara Jabarica
Barbara Jabarica talks about —if any Indian apart from Mehul Choksi, was in contact along with her
- No one contacted me. There was no signal of abduction & I stated in different interviews, for individuals who know Jolly Harbour space, it is not possible to kidnap anybody there, in most secure place, household space, she informed ANI.
- I’m European, I reside in Europe & I’m not following Indian information. I’m additionally not following checklist of fraudsters so I have not been conscious of his actual identify & background till final week & I consider most individuals in Antigua…I do not suppose anybody knew his identify or background
- “I noticed all these footage, I can see how he seemed earlier than and I believe he misplaced lots of weight and he appears very totally different. I don’t suppose somebody is strolling in Caribbean on a vacation and he would spot out that he’s Mehul Choksi that I learn in Indian information”
Senate passes invoice to spice up US tech business, counter rivals
The centerpiece of the invoice is a USD 50 billion emergency allotment to the Commerce Department to face up semiconductor growth and manufacturing by analysis and incentive packages beforehand licensed by Congress. The invoice’s total price would improve spending by about USD 250 billion with a lot of the spending occurring in the primary 5 years.
China has skill to attempt to disturb rules-based order US, its allies strongly defend: Blinken
China is the only nation that militarily, economically, diplomatically and politically has the flexibility to attempt to disturb the rules-based order that the United States, its associates and allies strongly defend, US Secretary of State Tony Blinken has stated.
U.S. Senate passes invoice to boost charges on greatest mergers
The invoice – co-sponsored by Democrat Amy Klobuchar, the highest antitrust senator, and Chuck Grassley, the highest Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee – would decrease the price for smaller mergers beneath $161.5 million to $30,000 from $45,000. But for offers value $5 billion or extra, the price would rise to $2.25 million from $280,000.
Congress will maintain a nationwide symbolic protest on June 11 in entrance of petrol pumps throughout the nation in opposition to rising in gas costs
QS World University rankings: 3 Indian institutes in prime 200; IISc prime analysis college
- The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, is the world’s prime analysis college as per the citations per school indicator, whereas the Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, is ranked forty first in the class, in response to the coveted QS World University Rankings launched on Wednesday.
- According to the 18th version of the rankings, the India Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, is India’s prime ranked establishment for the fourth consecutive yr on the QS World University Rankings 2022.
Cyclone Yaas harm evaluation: Central staff meets Odisha govt officers
Inter-ministerial staff from Centre, which arrived to evaluate the harm attributable to cyclone 'Yaas', held a gathering wit… https://t.co/OPHEumR9dr
— ANI (@ANI) 1623187562000
Ladakh reserves jobs completely for locals; LG notifies recruitment guidelines 2021
- Ladakh administration has formulated the Union Territory of Ladakh Employment (Subordinate) Service Recruitment Rules 2021, beneath which jobs could be reserved completely for locals, in response to an official notification.
- “Lieutenant Governor, Ladakh notifies Employment (Subordinate) Service Recruitment Rules for Ladakh UT, reserving jobs completely for the locals,” Department of Information and Public Relations, Kargil Ladakh tweeted.
We’ve determined to confer literary pension in the identify of litterateur Homen Borgohain on December 7. Likewise, sports activities pension could be conferred in the identify of Arjuna awardee Bhogeswar Baruah on September 3 and Artiste Award on January 17
– Assam Minister Pijush Hazarika
Assam Cabinet has determined to permit District Magistrates & DCs to launch compensation to individuals in their district until August thirty first, which was earlier a time taking course of
– Assam Minister Pijush Hazarika
Troop withdrawal: US will preserve sturdy diplomatic presence in Afghanistan, says Tony Blinken
The US is barely withdrawing its troops from Afghanistan, not withdrawing from the nation, and it’s decided to keep up a robust diplomatic presence there to increase financial and humanitarian assist, Secretary of State Tony Blinken has stated.