Get your every day, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related information – investigating the tales flying beneath the radar of in the present day’s crypto information.
- Founder of main hedge fund Bridgewater Associates, Ray Dalio, instructed CNBC that he has “a sure sum of money in bitcoin.” He added that every one options to money and different monetary belongings must be thought of, whereas “Bitcoin is a risk.” However, if BTC turns into “actually profitable,” regulators “will kill it as a result of they’ve methods of killing it,” he stated, reiterating his earlier statements.
- The institutionally centered digital asset knowledge firm Amberdata said it has raised USD 15m in a Series A funding spherical. The spherical was led by the key funding financial institution Citi, with participation from Franklin Templeton, Galaxy Digital, Rovida Kruptos Assets, and executives at GoldenTree Asset Management.
- The technology-focused enterprise capital agency Jump Capital announced that it has closed its newest enterprise fund for brand spanking new investments, after securing a capital dedication of USD 350m. While the corporate’s funds typically have a broad tech trade focus, the newest fund may have an “elevated focus on the evolving crypto ecosystem.”
- TrustToken, the workforce behind the TrueFi lending protocol and stablecoins together with TrueUSD, introduced the acquisition of a Web 3.0 growth firm EthWorks. The acquisition doubles TrustToken’s workforce measurement, quadruples the corporate’s technical expertise, and brings in senior technical and design management to lead TrustToken’s mission, they said.
- Wealth administration platform Abra has raised USD 55m in Series C funding, led by IGNIA and Blockchain Capital with new traders together with Kingsway Capital, Tiga Investments and the Stellar Development Foundation. Additional investments from present traders embody Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Amex Ventures, Arbor Ventures, RRE Ventures, CMT Digital Ventures, and Kenetic Advisors. Several Platinum prospects additionally participated, whereas the spherical introduced Abra’s complete funding to over USD 85m.
- Fidelity Investments has reportedly pushed the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to approve its BTC exchange-traded fund (ETF) “in a personal assembly,” according to Bloomberg. In the assembly, Fidelity laid out arguments for his or her case, together with “elevated investor urge for food for digital currencies, the expansion of bitcoin holders and the existence of comparable funds in different nations.”
- Bitwise Asset Management has teamed up with ETF issuer ETF Series Solutions to file a proposal for a brand new bitcoin-tracking ETF within the US. According to the submitting, the ETF is not going to make investments instantly in BTC, however as a substitute maintain regulated bitcoin futures and “pooled funding automobiles and Canadian-listed funds.”
- US President Joe Biden has requested the appearing chairperson of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Rostin Behnam, to take up the place on a everlasting foundation, according to a press release from the White House. Behman has been serving because the appearing chairperson of the CFTC because the former chair, Heath Tarbert, left in January. Meanwhile, legislation professor Kristin Johnson and authorities watchdog Christy Goldsmith Romero have been requested to function commissioners on the company.
- USDT issuer Tether by no means did nor it now holds any industrial paper or different debt or securities issued by troubled Chinese property large Evergrande, they stated in a press release shared with Cryptonews.com. The overwhelming majority of the industrial paper held by Tether is in A-2 and above rated issuers, they added.
- The worldwide public sale home Christie’s has put up for a web-based public sale a collection from the famend Asian actor and collector Shawn Yue that features a number of “exceptionally uncommon” CryptoPunks and Bored Ape Yacht Club non-fungible tokens (NFTs). The occasion marks the primary such public sale of NFTs by a world public sale home in Asia, Christie’s stated.
- Crypto alternate FTX has teamed up with sports activities and leisure token issuer Chiliz to record Chiliz Fan Tokens, an announcement stated. The first tokens to be listed might be INTER and GAL, that are fan tokens related to the Italian soccer membership Inter Milan and Turkish membership Galatasaray.
- The Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey said it has signed bilateral memorandums of understanding with ASELSAN, HAVELSAN, and TÜBİTAK-BİLGEM, and established the “Digital Turkish Lira Collaboration Platform”. The financial institution continues to analysis the potential advantages of introducing a digital Turkish lira to complement the present funds infrastructure, they added.
- Greenidge Generation Holdings Inc., a Bitcoin mining and energy era firm, has positioned an order for 10,000 S19j Pro bitcoin miners from Bitmain. Greenidge intends to deploy all 10,000 models at its anticipated South Carolina, USA facility, said the press launch. The miners are scheduled to be delivered in Q2 and Q3 2022, and are the newest growth within the firm’s plans to develop its bitcoin mining capability to 500MW by 2025.
- Chinese Bitcoin miner producer Canaan has reported “record-high ends in a number of working and monetary metrics,” its Q2 unaudited monetary outcomes said. The firm recorded over RMB 1bn (USD 167.5m) in complete internet income for Q2, up 507% from the identical interval of 2020, and up 167% from the primary quarter of 2021. Gross revenue was USD 66.2m, up 887% from the identical interval of 2020, and 120% from Q1 2021. Net earnings was USD 38m, marking the very best quarterly internet revenue because the firm’s 2019 IPO (preliminary public providing), in contrast to a internet loss in that interval in 2020 and a internet earnings of USD 1.87m in Q1 2021.