Bitcoin and Ethereum costs fell on Wednesday afternoon in Asia together with all different non-stablecoin prime 10 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization. Dogecoin led losses, dropping 5.37% within the final 24 hours resulting in 4:00 p.m. Hong Kong time, adopted by Cardano at 4.73% and Polygon at 3.24%.
See associated article: Biggest blockchain trends for 2023 and beyond
- Bitcoin dropped 1.33% to US$16,658 within the 24 hours to market shut in Hong Kong, whereas Ether fell 2.20% to US$1,195, based on CoinMarketCap data.
- Dogecoin led the day’s losses with 5.37% to US$0.071. The memecoin has been sliding since supporter Elon Musk mentioned he can be stepping down because the chief of social media platform Twitter.
- Cardano dropped 4.73% to US$0.2514 whereas XRP was down 2.48% to US$0.3589 within the final 24 hours. Polygon was down too at 3.24% to US$0.7879.
- Most Asian markets have been down on Wednesday buying and selling, with the Shanghai Composite Index closing 0.26% decrease whereas Japan’s Nikkei dropped 0.41%. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng closed 1.56% increased, gaining a lift from China saying plans to chill out pandemic measures earlier this week.
- See associated article: Japan plans to lift ban on stablecoins issued overseas: report